G'day Lads and Lasses.!!
I am not sure if I posted on the right forum.
I recently just moved back to ZS from the greatest down under (you knew it.!)….
….A friend of mine showed me this site….It seems pretty quiet aye.
Just wanted to say G'day to you all here…
have a good one..
what gets your attention gets ya...
I agree the interaction has dropped off at the moment. Although the hits are there, as people are coming to see what's on and read the blogs they are not signing in to do so or chatting to each other for which, I believe, there are a few reasons.
1. At the moment there are only about 2000 foreigners in Zhongshan with a good 90% of them being Asian.
2. With the small local Caucasian foreign community mostly living in "White Ghetto's" like Kaiyin we communicate on a daily basis face to face.
3. Weixin or WeChat is becoming more and more popular and so I have also created the ZSRenn subscription account and you can scan that on the main page.
4. A lot of foreigners went home for Summer holidays or left and so I am on a recruitment drive to find new members with the new teachers and businessmen that are arriving in the next couple of weeks.
5. I do not want to become a GZStuff where people are asking dumb arsed questions like "Are all foreign men playboys?" and so I restrict that kind of posting.
6. Controversy begats communication sadly in this day and age and the site is apolitical and I will not bend to the will of controversy as in the past this has proved harmful within the community, being so small.
7. When you get to know me you will realise I am an arse and probably not the right man for the job!
I appreciate your discussion as it is nice for people to ask the question and thank you for bringing it up. I would hope that it begets some form of discussion and waited until now to post in the vain hope that someone may have beaten me to it!
If you show up at any of the older venues on a Friday or Saturday night I am sure you will make new friends and hope you soon do. In the meantime keep up the good work.
At least your trying and thanks again.
Thanks Len for taking your time to reply in detail.
Seems like Kaiyin is where the foreign community is nowadays….
I barely go to Kaiyin as I live in Shiqi District.
I am on the process of job hunting too…..Whats the job prospect like here? I just came back from OZ now searching for a job that allows me to use English everyday so I could keep my English….
Anyway once again Thank you for your time mate….